Thursday 9 April 2009

DJ T.




Thomas Koch ... a bit of an institution; with releases on Poker Flat, Get Physical and it's sister label Kindisch (one of my favourite labels at the moment) he seems to me to be going from strength to strength. Oh and did I mention he co-founded Get Physical?!
His tracks merge between tech-house and minimal and have an understated charm, but still manage to get stuck in your head.


The first track I came across a while ago was his collaboration with Thomas Schumacher on the Get Physical compilation GPM100. "May Contain Nuts" is so very simple....it needed a few listens before I got it. It's perfect mid-set material to bounce to! 


His latest release on Kindisch, "Booty Call", is a slow-rising track with a drop that sounds just like something from my old Master System. The Daniel Melhart remix is noteworthy as it brings a bit more life into the tune, utilising the synth breakdown from the start. I would highly recommend purchasing this ep. 


His new release on Poker Flat, "After Dark" is also a stormer. Personally I prefer the b-side...a bit more club-friendly....go and buy it!


Here's the original mix of Booty Call in glorious 320 kbps....play it loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment