Sunday 7 June 2009

It's been far too long...


It has been months and months since i posted here. The main reason behind this is that i've been stumbling towards the finish line of my degree. I'm now done. What a hero, eh? A separate reason is that i tried to do a post about Cursive a few weeks ago and it wouldn't let me so i became hugely disillusioned. Anyway, i'm back now...ish. I'm still pretty lazy.


Here's a small pick of where i've been heading over the past few months -


Umek - a techno producer who's been around for as long as time, apparently, but i only came across recently. His productions are crisp and his direction is lovely. His work seems to be techno in the variety of Popof - kind of rumbling, with 'pops' all over the show, but the tracks are more solid than some of Popof's work and seem to offer more variation. Check out 'You might hear nothing' for a prime example. In the mean while, here's....


NOTHING - my internet is ridiculously slow and does not like uploading songs of Umek's quality. Don't complain, i've given you the tip, go out and buy his stuff.


Das Glow seems to have gotten unrivalled praise for his re-do of The Faint's 'Mirror Error'. I, personally, don't think it's that great. Yeh, it's different and a bit trippy, but it's nothing to write home about. I'm not saying the Boys Noize edit of it is much better, but i think he gives it a slightly darker, more purposeful touch.




Sorry that post wasn't all you've ever dreamed of. I'm now writing reviews for Data Transmission - ch ch ch ch ch ch check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment